Please check our performance site www.imaniartsbiz.com for more information on performances gigs and presentations.
- Fri. Feb. 6th - First Fridays Black History Month Edition @ The Paint Box Bistro
Time: 7:30pm Admission is $15 before 7:30pm, $20 after ($5 off for Students with valid ID) Location: 555 Dundas St. E. (east of Parliament)
Anne-Marie Woods and Troy Crossfield will perform an excerpt from Anne-Marie’s new play She Said/He Said
- Tues. Feb. 17th The Bluffs Gallery - Scarborough Arts Presents Commemorate Theatre!
Time: 6pm -8pm - Cost: FREE Location: 1859 Kingston Rd Scarborough, ON
Join Anne-Marie Woods as she presents a series of Theatrical and Poetic Vignettes with her one woman performance piece "What You Don't Know Can Hurt You"
- Tues. Feb. 24th Warden Woods Community Centre Presents…Black History - Entertainment Now!
Time: 5:30pm - 8pm Location: 74 Firvalley Court Scarborough, ON
This will be an evening of amazing performances and entertainment from the GTA with Food, Music, a Photography Display, Black History Theatrical Performances and Spoken 6 Word. Anne-Marie Woods will present Journey Into Me her one woman performance piece that looks at her career as a performance artist
- Thursday March 5th - Wild Women (Don’t Get The Blues) @ The Paint Box Bistro the 2nd installment of Lorraine Segato’s Cabaret Series
Time: Doors Open 7:00pm Show Starts 8:00pm Cost: $20 in advance and $23 at the door Location: 555 Dundas St. E. (east of Parliament)
Anne-Marie Woods aka Amani will perform with another group of hugely talented women from Toronto that include Lorraine Segato, Colleen Allen, Shawnee Talbot, Miku Graham, Michelle Willis, and Charlotte Siegel
- Sat. March 14th Imani Enterprises Presents...She Said/He Said Anne-Marie Woods' New Play at COBA Dance Studio Time: 6pm Doors Open - 6:30pm Reading starts. Cost: $10.00 Location: 585 Dundas St. East, Studio 130 (Entrance to the right of Daniels Spectrum main entrance) Anne-Marie Woods member of the Playwrights Guild of Canada will be doing her second public reading in Toronto of her new play that looks at Black Love in Toronto. Starring alongside Anne-Marie is local Toronto actor Troy Crossfield
- March 17th WORD UP!!! Spoken Word Program for Teens at Northern District Library Program Room
Time: 4:00pm - 5:30pm Cost: FREE Address - 40 Orchard View Boulevard
Word Up!!! is a fun and interactive spoken word/poetry workshop developed by professional writer, multidisciplinary artist and youth arts advocate Anne-Marie Woods aka Amani "Contemporary Blues Poet. This workshop is for youth ages 12-18 who have an interest in writing spoken word/poetry and performance.
- Saturday June 20th The Journey – “A Living History of the Regent Park Revitalization Time: 7:00 – 7:45 Pre-show reception 8:00 Showtime Cost: $25.00 9:30 – 10:15 Post-event reception in Artscape Lounge
The Journey is a spirited musical that showcases award-winning Regent Park spoken word artists Trevlyn Kay (5 Fingers 1 Fist), Britta B (2013 Toronto International Poetry Slam Champion), R&B singer-songwriter Steve Harmony, Regent Park School of Music graduates Charlotte Siegel and Stacy Darko, Dixon Hall School of Music alumnus and pianist Thompson Egbo-Egbo. It also stars Jackie Richardson (‘The Nina Project,’ ‘Adventures of a Black Girl in Search of God’), vocalist, actor and musician Jeremiah Sparks (Mufasa in ‘The Lion King,’ and star of world renowned show ‘Drum’) all under the guidance of Creative Director Anne-Marie Woods (Playwright and Harry Jerome Award Winner) and Musical Director Henry Heillig (Manteca and The Heillig Manoeuvre). Original Script Mitchell Cohen and Members of the Regent Park Community – Script Adaptation Anne-Marie Woods 7
- July 25th and 26th The Africa Festival of Arts and Culture - an annual festival that showcases the unique cultural heritage and artistic works of people of African descent living in Nova Scotia. Located on the Halifax Waterfront and the Cost is Free
Please check www.imaniartsbiz.com for my monthly newsletter, upcoming gigs, photos and videos.